Monday, August 9, 2010

Last but not Least.

FINALLY!!! After 8 or so months I have finally received THE vest.

I was so happy when I saw it in the mail I literally ran all the way back inside my house to open the package and read all of the notes written by my sisters.

So here is what happened.

I run to the bed. Only Lucy and my dog churchill are in the room.
I open the package.
Admire the vest...then place it aside.
I read the journal.
As I was reading I see Lucy touching the vest.
I finish reading.
I grab the vest to admire once again.
I notice something odd.

...one of the buttons is gone.

I yell at Lucy...find out she accidentally pulled it off.

(this is an account from a 4 year old so who knows if this story is even true)

When it fell off it fell off the bed also.
Where apparently my dog Churchill decided he needed a snack and ate it.

HOLY CRRAPP was I mad.

I even thought about waiting til Churchill pooped to find it...unfortunately I wasn't home when he did...so it is now lost forever.

I did search the room high and low for the button..but it is no where in sight.
So the story must be true?

Either way I was still very aggravated.

Looks like my addition to the vest will be a button =]

And of course this sort of thing would only happen to me...right?

I swear I have been cursed with THE WORST LUCK EVER.

Anyways...besides the vest incident my weekend was pretty good. Dave and Mom went to North Carolina for their anniversary so I got to play Mom and watch Lucy all weekend.

Babysitting Lucy for a weekend truly is the best form of birth control.

I will miss her a lot when I leave though. I think she is starting to realize I'm leaving soon because she started crying the other day...and asked how I could possibly leave her...the conversation went like so..

Me: "Well Lucy, Sissy has to go to college."
L: "But it's so sad...you have to leave me, mommy, and daddy."
Me: "yes, but I have to"
L: "Do I have to go to college?"
Me: "YES. Someday you will."
L: "BUT I DON'T WANT TO LEAVE MOMMMMMMYYYYYY"

then she started crying again.
its going to be a hard couple of weeks.

We are starting to move tomorrow to Noblesville. My life from now on is all about packing and unpacking...fun life..eh?

I'm very excited though..to be reunited with my sisterhood =] and living in an apartment...oh college how I miss you so.

Love, Lauren Lindsey.

1 comment:

  1. dont tell me you were honestly going to wait for that dog to go the bathroom. thats repulsive elle.

    ReplyDelete