Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Thinking about BYU, 50th anniversaries, and chicken & dumplings :)

LIFE...

As I was walking through campus the other day I was just overwhelmed with a feeling of gratitude.
--> this may be because it was the last day of classes and I just keep inching closer and closer to graduating and becoming a nurse.

Anyways. I realized that I love BYU. I mean really what a great place to be.
Here are a few reasons why:

  • We are the hottest campus in the U.S. 
                   But really though....watch these videos. Stuart is hilarious.
  • The nursing program lets you do a travel abroad semester. Which means next summer I get to go to either TONGA, Ghana, India, Russia, or FINLAND. 
  • I have the most amazing professors who care about me and offer their advice and support every day. I have really come to love my professors. Especially Professor De La Cruz (the most amazing woman I have ever met. I want to be her someday).
    Rockin the scrubs....


    LOVE...


     So enough about BYU. I want to talk about my amazing Grandparents who have been married now for  
    50 YEARS.

    Our family threw them a party with a band and everything...
    Aren't they the cutest couple ever?


    And here is a picture of my extremely attractive husband and myself. I love him so much and hopefully we can have just as cool of a 50th anniversary party someday.

    FASHION...



     And I must admit I had a pretty great outfit that night! I was so excited to wear it. Maxi skirts are definitely in right now and stripes are my favorite pattern of all time. I thought the gold belt and blue/gold necklace tied everything in very well. And although it is not pictured I am wearing some pastel blue heels as well.

    Necklace: similar Francesca's
    Shirt: similar Forever 21 
    Belt: similar Francesca's 



     FOOD...

    I was really excited about this last pinterest find. If you have ever been to Cracker Barrel you will know that their Chicken & Dumplings are to die for. So good!! I always get their macaroni and cheese as well.

    So as you can imagine when I saw this picture on pinterest with the caption "Cracker Barrel Chicken & Dumplings" I almost died and went to heaven.
                                                          Cracker Barrel chicken and dumplings in crock pot.
     I had mixed feelings though because I couldn't believe someone would rat out Cracker Barrel's secret recipes like that. But then I got over that quickly....rushed to the store to pick up a few ingredients and made some dumplings. 

    I will say that Cracker Barrel's is still better, but this comes super close. It tasted amazing and I would definitely make it again.

    I will suggest a few things...only use chicken breasts. I accidentally bought chicken thighs and figured they would be fine. And it was fine but I am a white meat kinda girl and so I prefer it that way. Also try to eat as much as you can the first day. Because when re-heating the soup the dumplings want to stick together  into one big blob of dumplings. 

    Find the recipe--> here!


    MUSIC...

    One of the top reasons I am pumped about summer time....CONCERTS!!!!

    Here is my list of must see concerts this summer in Utah:
    Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros - May 30
    Ed Sheeran - June 1
    Eli Young - July 18
    Bruno Mars - Aug 2
    Fun. - Aug 23

    Also...if you have not bought the new OneRepublic CD yet.... DO IT.
    It's one of those CD's where every song is good. 
    My favorite--> Counting Stars.
     


    And last but not least....for all those who are about to start finals...I thought you would enjoy this.






    1 comment:

    1. Go see Eli Young Band they are amazing!!!!

      Love ya Lauren!

      ReplyDelete